MSF CYBERTURISMO CHAMPIONSHIP 2020
CyberTurismo 2020 Championship will be total of 4 Series. Each Series will be 3 rounds, Playoffs, and Finale.
• Series 1 – May / June 2020
• Series 2 – June / July 2020
• Series 3 – July / August 2020
• Series 4 – September / October 2020
• Championship Playoffs and Grand Finale will be in September to decide the Champion of each category.
Grand Finalists of the CyberTurismo Expert category will qualify for the following:
• 1 session of Advanced Driver Training and vehicle dynamics training
• from there, 6 drivers will undergo selection at MSF Track Day,
• 2 drivers will be selected and awarded the opportunity for a Real Racing drive with the MSF-TOC racing Proton Saga Cup car in MSF Saga Cup Finale 2020 on 8 November 2020.
(subject to terms & conditions – driving and racing license, safety apparel, etc)
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
Each MSF CyberTurismo series will comprise the following:
• 3 Rounds, then Playoffs, then Finale
• Each category will race 1 night, 3-4 races per night.
• 1 round per week, total 3 rounds, then Playoffs and Final.
Total 4 weeks per Series.
Prizes – MSF podium, MSF trophies and Champion cap
[to be awarded at MSF Racing round in Sepang Circuit]
Race Director – Adian Yein
Race Control – Adam Luqman, Jane Cheah
Race Timing – TBC
CRO x 2 (Competitor Relations Official)
– Reza : race protests and queries
– Dila : entries and results queries
There will be 3 categories:
i. MSF SuperTurismo Real Racers [ST Racers] – strictly for Real World racers from National level events, includes MSF SuperTurismo racers, SNF racers, MCS racers, S1K racers, etc, who have previously at any point in time raced competitively in a Malaysian National racing series.
ii. MSF CyberTurismo Expert [CT Expert] – open category for online drivers other than MSF SuperTurismo real world racers, with the following criteria:
– Top-3 finisher in any previous MSF CT Open race during Series-0
– Top-6 finisher in previous MSF CT Open Playoffs during Series-0
– during any Series, determined that laptime is within 0.5 seconds of the CT Expert fastest driver
iii. MSF CyberTurismo Advanced [CT Advanced] – open category for online drivers other than MSF SuperTurismo real world racers, with the following condition:
– if during any round of any Series, it is determined that a driver’s laptime is within 0.5 seconds of the CT Expert fastest driver, he will be promoted to the CT Expert category. Accumulated Series points previously WILL NOT BE CARRIED OVER.
Participation Fee: RM 30 per entry per Series
i. MSF ST Racers – 48 entries
ii. MSF CT Expert – 28 entries
iii. MSF CT Advanced – 42 entries
Please Register and make payment via MSF Online Registration and Payment System at www.msfracing.com
Pictures of chosen cars COMPULSORY to be submitted for checking and approval of livery. These images will also be used for the broadcast, please use black background.
Photo of driver to be submitted, COMPULSORY. These images will also be used for the broadcast.
During the race, COMPULSORY to join ZOOM video call. Driver in the ZOOM video call MUST be the Registered Driver as submitted above. If it is not the same driver, please inform the organising team 3 days in advanced for confirmation. If not the actual driver, then results will be Disqualified.
If there are any queries please the Event Secretariat:
Dila 017 323 7030
Mohd Reza 018 388 4037
Entries accepted by the MSF Online Registration and Payment System server on a first come first serve basis.
Acceptances of entry are at the sole discretion of the organisers. The organisers reserve the right to refuse an entry.
It is a condition of entry that competitors have no right to any claims against the MSF, it’s Officials, Kelab Sukan Bermotor MSF, and Matrix Motorsports Promotion Sdn Bhd.
3. THE VIRTUAL RACE
Base game: GT Sport on PS4
Total car per race heat: 14
Category: N200 cars only
Circuit: to be announced within 24 hours of each race
If the race is stopped or there is any major network or system crash, any race that has run at least 75% will be deemed complete, and results will be based on the last complete lap.
All Official Results will be based on host console results; please refer to live stream.
PlayOff races will all be 50% longer than the Rounds races; pit stop is compulsory.
Final races will all be 2x longer than the Rounds races; pit stop is compulsory.
4. DATES – Series 1
• Announcement & Regulations
• Registration open
• Registration closes 1600hrs
• Wednesday – CT Expert
• Friday – CT Advanced
• Saturday – ST Racers
• Time – 1030pm
5. SERIES RACE INFORMATION
There will be 3 categories:
• MSF ST Racers [Tuning enabled]
• MSF CT Expert [Tuning enabled]
• MSF CT Advanced [No Tuning setting]
Prizes: 1st to 5th
Permitted vehicles [based on Real World]:
i) Cars that are 4 seaters / 2+2 only
ii) Engine capacity
– NA below 2500cc
– Forced induction up to 2000cc
iii) Cars are to be Locked and maintained throughout a Series, with the following regulations
– permitted to use a particular car for only 1 Series in the Cship (Example: if use GT86 for Series 1, not permitted to run this car again for Series 2, 3, and 4 of the Championship)
– 1 of the Series mandatory to use an FF NA car
– 1 of the Series mandatory to use an FR car
– For clarity, the Toyota 86 GT “Limited” 16, Toyota 86 GT ’15, and Subaru BRZ S ’15 variants will be consider as 1 same model
EXAMPLES of permitted / not permitted vehicles:
• PERMITTED 2+2 coupe examples: RX7 FC, GT86, 180SX, Audi TTS
• NOT PERMITTED
– 2 seaters: GT86 GRMN [rear bench removed], GReddy Fugu Z, Roadster Touring Car, S2000, S-FR Racing Concept, Clio Renault Sport V6, MR2 GT-S ’97, NSX, Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) ’02 [original FD is 2+2 but Spirit R Type A is a 2 seater], Alpine A110
– Above 2500cc: BMW M3 E46, Toyota Crown
Special Technical Regulations for those that join after halfway through the Championship [Series-3 and Series-4]:
i) Not permitted to use the ‘Hero Car’ which in this case is the Audi TTS
ii) Cars are to be Locked and maintained throughout a Series, with the following regulations
– permitted to use a particular car for only 1 Series in the Cship (Example: if use GT86 for Series-3, not permitted to run this car again for Series-4)
– 1 of the Series mandatory to use a car of either of the following: FR car, or FF NA car.
In-game set up
• Grid set up to be determined 24 hours before the race upon the announcement of the circuit. Playoffs and Finale races will be normal grid – fastest first
• No driving aids
• Street tyres
• BOP enabled
• Tuning enabled for certain categories
– ST Racers
– CT Expert
Circuit will be announced 48 hrs before each Round.
All participating cars MUST create own MSF Livery based off their Real Racing Cars or something similar.
The following decals are compulsory:
MSF logo, Hankook logo, EXN Lubricants logo, TOC logo.
Go to the DISCOVER Tab, open Decals and search for msfracing, EXN, TOC decals and ADD TO COLLECTION.
Publish your car livery:
ALL PARTICIPANTS must publish their livery on their GT Sport profile for pre-scrutineering and confirmation by the Organisers.
7. FORMAT & METHOD OF RUNNING
Each round will feature a series of Racing Heats, with the participants mixed up for each Round as per diagrams below.
If there is any player or the Host experiencing a glitch, only 1 Restart will be permitted. If the player is still experiencing any connection problems, they will be deemed DNS.
If time permits, a replacement race may be organised the following day, dependant on the situation, but is not always a guaranteed or commitment by the Organisers.
The Finale will be between the top points scorers in the Series after 3 rounds, who will be invited back for the Final Racing Heats, based on the details listed in the diagrams.
For the Finale Race, the top finishers from each A, B, or C final race will be called in to participate.
If there are any participants that are not able to participate in any of the Final Racing Heats or the Final, the place will be forfeit with no replacement.
8. DRIVER’S BRIEFING
• Please watch the Driver’s Briefing Video which we will prepare for the event.
With this, there should be no excuse for understanding the Method Of Running and Driving Discipline required.
9. MANAGING THE RACE LOBBY
Lobby will be managed by the Race Officials:
Race Director – Adian Yein
Race Control – Adam Luqman
DSO – TBC
Per Round, only 1 lobby will set up. Players will be informed of Race Lobby info by Messaging. A Race Schedule for Grouping will be published in the afternoon prior to the race. Please ensure that you join the correct lobby at the correct time: cross check the other racers names in the lobby again the published race entry list.
Any player that is not set to be in the lobby will be kicked out.
Race Officials will check that all the cars comply to the regulations. Any car that does not comply will be summarily removed.
Players may Practice at this point in time while each Race lobby is being populated.
From there once all ready, Race Director will initiate Qualifying of 5 minutes.
Each race will be saved, with results screen shot for records.
During the race, COMPULSORY to join MSF CyberTurismo ZOOM video call. Driver in the ZOOM video call MUST be the Registered Driver as submitted above. If it is not the same driver, please inform the organising team 3 days in advanced for confirmation. If not the actual driver, then results will be Disqualified.
AFTER EACH RACE IS COMPLETE, THE PARTICIPANTS ARE GIVEN 1 MINUTE TO SAVE THEN REMOVE THEMSELVES FROM THE LOBBY, IN ORDER FOR THE NEXT WAVE OF DRIVERS TO POPULATE AND PREPARE TO RACE!
10. GENERAL EVENT PROGRAMME
|21:50||Lobby opens for Heat 1|
|22:00||Live Broadcast starts
Welcome, Circuit Info, Race Info.
|22:05||Race 1 entry list. Qualifying commences|
|22:25||Race 1, race over
Advertisement break 3 minutes
Participants exit Lobby
Next Heat participants enter Lobby
|22:30||Race 2 entry list. Qualifying commences|
|22:55||Race 2, race over
Advertisement break 3 minutes
Participants exit Lobby
Next Heat participants enter Lobby
|23:00||Race 3 entry list. Qualifying commences|
11. DRIVING DISCIPLINE
We will implement DSO [Driving Standards Observers] who, together with the Race Director and COC, will monitor driver’s discipline during the race.
The Driving Standards regulations from real-world MSF SuperTurismo 2020 regulations will be implemented for MSF CyberTurismo Series:
a > Article 36 – DRIVING STANDARDS [click on link to download]
b >Appendix A – DRIVING STANDARDS [click on link to download]
Any drivers found to be in breach of DRIVING STANDARDS as defined in the regulations will face disciplinary action and penalties.
Drivers are to respect: Racing room; and not to drive carelessly or recklessly.
If a driver is deemed to have caused critical damage to another driver’s car or cause them to deviate off course, this will be recognised as an incident and will be subject to post-race incident review by the Race Officials.
Race Officials then will decide whether a significant breach has been incurred, and if so Driver will be Disqualified. Depending on the severity of the breach, the Driver may be Banned from the rest of the Series completely.
Players are given a total of 3 warnings across each Series. Once 3 warning limit is reach, the player will be disqualified from their last race results.
• Dive bombing
• Deliberately causing another car to spin out and sustain damage
The following criteria are amongst the guidelines with which the MSF Race Control and Stewards use to judge an incident:
• Is the driver treating the race differently because it is based on a game? Was it a move that they would not have dared to make in real life racing?
• was there a punt / bump?
• was there significant deviation? The more deviation means the harder the punt / bump, the higher the penalty
• is it hard enough that there is damage?
• did the overtaking car take the highest responsibility to make a clean pass? Or was he driving recklessly?
|1||Bump or punt with no deviation||No action, no warning|
|2||Premeditated crowding or not providing racing room with no deviation of loss of position||Reposition|
|3||Dive bomb, bumping or punt with no spin but loss of position||Reposition by up to 2 spots|
|4||Any banging, bumping, or punt causing spin and loss of position||5 seconds added to race time|
|5||Reckless / dangerous driving – banging, bumping, or punting occurring one after another causing other car to spin and/or lose position||Reposition or up to 5 seconds added to race time|
|6||Extremely reckless / dangerous driving – banging, bumping, or punting causing more than 1 vehicle to spin and/or lose position||5 or up to 10 seconds added to race time|
|7||Dangerous entry to pit lane||Up to 5 seconds add to race time|
|8||Crossing the white line when exiting the pit lane during race||5 seconds added to race time|
Any driver that has been deemed to be Sandbagging during qualifying will be Disqualified.
Definition in MSF CyberTurismo: best lap in Race should be within 1-second of best Qualifying time
12. DRIVER’S ATTIRE & SAFETY
Please ensure seating position and is comfortable with suitable lower-back support. Organisers will not be held responsible for any health problems or physical incidents that occur in the real world in players homes whilst participating in MSF CyberTurismo.
13. OFFICIAL RESULTS
Official Results will be published next day on the MSF Series Facebook page, and the MSF website under RESULTS.
Please submit protests via Whatsapp to the Race Control within 30 minutes after the official race, with the following format:
Lap # & Turn # that the incident occurred.
Stewards will review all protests, and these will be highlighted in the post-race Stewards Report which is posted on the website the following day.
ANY PROTESTS RECEIVED AFTER THE ALLOCATED TIME WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
15. SERIES POINTS
Points will be awarded for finishing positions in each race and heat, based on official results. Total points after 3 rounds will be added up to determine position in the Series and to qualify for a place in the Finale. Points will be awarded as follows:
1st : 100pts
2nd : 85pts
3rd : 75pts
4th : 65pts
5th : 55pts
6th : 50pts
7th : 45pts
8th : 40pts
9th : 35pts
15. ORGANISERS AND PROMOTERS RIGHTS
• The organisers and/or promoters may abandon, cancel or postpone the event due to unforeseen circumstances.
• The organisers and/or promoters may cancel any category, which has less than 8 cars or amalgamate them with another category at the discretion of the organisers.
• The organisers and/or promoters may exclude any vehicle which does not comply with the regulations requirements.
• The organisers and/or promoters have the right to stop the event or any driver for any reason on the grounds of Discipline.
• Damages to participant’s facilities or equipment as result of participation in this event will be borne by the participants themselves; no claims permitted against the organisers and/or promoters.
Copyright 2020 Matrix Motorsports Promotion Sdn Bhd 508407-T
Creators, Owners, Official Promoters
MSF CyberTurismo Series